The last few Wednesday’s I’ve been talking about my OLW (One Little Word) for 2016 – joy. I’m a to-do list kind of person. I have creative to-do lists, work to-do lists, family to-do lists, personal to-do lists, to-buy lists, organizational to-do lists. Let’s just say I have a LOT of to-do lists. Well, it only seemed appropriate, that I also have a OLW to-do list. Oh man, I’m such a nerd.
Anywho…I’ve been thinking about joy and coming up with a list of some things I hope to accomplish this year and I thought I’d share my to-do list with you.
- I hope to discover how to find joy in the midst of trials, persecution, and hard times. How can I focus on joy when things are difficult?
- I hope to discover what the Lord says about joy and living a life of joy. I know that joy is a fruit of a spirit and I want to discover what it means to have this fruit in my life.
- I hope to discover what things bring me joy so that I can participate in those things more often.
- I hope to discover who brings me joy so that I can invest in those relationships and spend more time with those people.
- I hope to discover how I can bring joy to other people in my life so that they can also have joy.
- I hope to discover what it means to be truly joyful.
- I hope to discover the difference between happiness and joy. Is there a difference?
I’d love to hear your thoughts and what your hopes are for your OLW.