Okay, let me just preface this by saying, I totally realize each and every single one of these is a first world problem…in light of eternity they mean VERY, VERY, VERY little – if not anything. But I need to vent. And a blog of musings feels like the perfect place to vent my problems.
And all you scrapbookers, crafters, card makers, project lifers you know exactly what I’m talking about…
A Scrapbookers Problems:
- Running out of adhesive in the middle of a project
- Digging through your stash to find a copic marker or other supply and can’t find the right colour out of the 7 bajillion colours you own
- Your family takes your scissors/supplies and doesn’t return them
- People want you to cut things out for them using your cricut or silhouette and you don’t have time but feel like you should because you offered at some time long ago.
- Never have enough money to buy all the things you want and all the things your favourite scrapbookers or crafters are using.
- CHA isn’t open to the public.
- Shipping to Canada/International is WAY too much and local scrapbooking stores don’t exist or don’t have what you want/like.
- You accidentally spray yourself in the face with Mr. Huey’s or spray mist (yep totally done that, more than once).
- Glue bottles get clogged – STUPID GLOSSY ACCENTS.
- People don’t get why you scrapbook, don’t care and don’t look at your art work.
- You drop sequins or glitter all over the floor.
- You leave the house covered in ink and are perpetually covered with sparkles.
- Your watercolour never looks as nice as Wilna’s or Irit’s.
- You cut your finger with a craft knife.
- You can’t seem to thread a needle.
- You can’t come up with creative titles.
- You are missing a letter e on the PERFECT thicker or sticker for your project – meanwhile you have 7 bajillion q’s and z’s.
- The light in your area sucks and you can’t seem to take a nice photo of your project no matter how hard you try!
- Burn your finger on the glue gun, heat gun or fuse tool.
- You look all over your scraproom for this paper, you know you have but can’t find. So you make your project with something else and of course as soon as you finish you find the paper you were looking for.
- In the middle of filming a video or a voice over the phone rings, door bell dings, dog barks, kid cries, ambulance drives by, truck backs up, someone mows lawn or a family member walks in and begins talking.
All I have to say is GHA!
And I must be crazy because I STILL love this whole scrapbooking thing…at least I’m not alone, ya’ll are just as crazy.
Misery truly loves company and let me just say, ya’ll are lovely company.